PRODUCTS BY CATEGORY
How to transport alpacas
Alpacas are stress resistant, load and travel calmly and can be transported in the family mini van, station wagon, utility vehicle, or horse trailer. Some breeders have been known to transport their alpacas in small planes. Once enroute, the alpaca kushes (sits) and enjoys the ride.
- Be calm and stress free when transporting your alpacas.
- Do not transport sick or injured alpacas unless it is for veterinary treatment
- Transport ramps should not have any sharp or protruding edges that could cause injuryAdequate ventilation and protection from the weather should be providedFloor should have a non-slip surface
- Hembras with a new born cria should not be transported except for veterinary treatment or under the direction of a veterinary surgeon
SHOPPING TROLLEYNot logged in
- Alpaca Colours
- Alpaca Terminology
- Alpacas and other livestock
- Alpacas personality
- Are alpacas intelligent?
- Do alpacas spit?
- How much does an alpaca cost?
- How to transport alpacas
- Physical Characteristics
- What are alpacas used for?